What You’ll Do
As ICT Bid Manager, you will be responsible to complete PQQ, RFQ and ICT bids for both public and private sector. Opportunities will range from small low value through to large value multi-million pound opportunities. Opportunities will be around IT hardware, software, Wireless, Telecoms and Support.
- Compile cost and data information for ICT elements of the bid to ensure risks and commercial opportunities can be accurately identified.
- Need to see bids through from PQQ through to final submission, including any writing and research.
- conducting site visits as part of the bid process and identify cost and efficiency drivers.
- Support mobilisation activity in relation to ICT services at new sites.
- Identify pre-written content that may be available to start to develop the proposal
- You will be Developing and re-writing content into a consistent and excellent proposal style by either:-
- Taking information provided by the individual contributors in the business development team to create responses
- Meeting with and interviewing individual contributors to capture the raw information and details required to then develop draft responses
Who You Are & What Makes You Qualified
- Proven direct experience of ICT technical and tender process, ideally within Public Sector and/or Government
- Good knowledge of ICT and the bid process
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate to advanced level Microsoft Word
- Ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines
- Enthusiastic, motivated and driven
- Team player – used to collaboration within larger teams
- Demonstrable high levels of commitment and initiative to ensure winning submissions
- Experience in pricing ICT proposals is highly desirable, as is experience of supporting mobilisation activity for ICT projects
- Experience writing and managing PQQ, RFI, RFP, ITT and proposals
- Comfortable working face-to-face with clients
- Good graphical and proposal presentation skills
- Excellent written English and grammar
- Social media and website content writing
- ‘Can do’ attitude to consistently meeting and where possible surpassing client’s expectations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong time and project management skills; ability to manage multiple bids and clients simultaneously
- High degree of accuracy with strong attention to detail
- Flexible and adapts easily to change
- Commercial mind-set
- Ability to organise and plan workload effectively
- Team player – organised, structured, assertive, quick thinking and innovative
- Ideally – experience of delivering bid sales presentations
Writing clear, customised and concise tender responses, by utilising a wide and customer focused vocabulary to express the company’s capabilities in a way that will differentiate our client from their competition
- The ability to build and maintain strong client relationships
- Effectively translate the buyer’s needs and requirements into a winning response based upon the organisation’s client’s solution, proposition and USPs
- Developing and maintaining a first-class standard proposal document for bid responses
- Coordinating and collating information from multiple client stakeholders and sub-contractors where required
- Regularly working towards strict deadlines to formulate persuasive responses to questions
- Assisting clients to formulate their USP’s, where required, and match against buyer’s needs
- Contributing to and maintaining the tender support library
- Ensuring that up-to-date, accurate and high quality narrative is available in the content library
- Ensuring the presentation and quality of bid documentation is of the highest standard.