- Full Time
- Rochdale, UK
Join a rapidly growing Managed IT Services provider offering exceptional professional development opportunities, free training, a relaxed working environment, and friendly, people-focused culture.
Enjoying strong, sustainable growth and guided by an accomplished and highly experienced leadership team, Creative Networks is the perfect place to grow your career and make a real impact on a dynamic and continually evolving business.
Creative Networks are looking for a Third Line IT Support Engineer to provide technical support to contract customers, for desktop/laptop/printer/application issues and installations as well as basic network/server troubleshooting and administration.
A key aspect of the role is to communicate effectively with the customer and manage technical queries in line with our standards and SLA’s.
This role will be predominantly based at our office in Rochdale and you may be required to travel to client sites. Standard Working Hours.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide onsite and remote technical support services to customers.
- Resolve issues in a competent manner, whilst communicating professionally with the customer and members of the Service Desk, Infrastructure and Professional Services teams.
- To prioritise, progress and resolve technical queries and service requests assigned to the individual in accordance with standard and customer-specific .service level agreements.
- To be responsible for completing specific technical projects as designated by the Service Management Team e.g. projects, deployments, installs, moves, adds and changes.
- Make effective use of all personal and team time during any periods of inactivity.
- Maintain personal qualifications and skillsets and ensure training is completed in line with business and personal needs.
- Experience working in an MSP
- Deep understanding of Networks.
- Ability to carry out patching in a server room/office.
- Ability and understanding of how the physical layer works.
- A good understanding of Microsoft products, Office 365, Active Directory, Hypervisors both Citrix, VMware, Azure, AWS.
- Experience with various brands of routers and networking equipment.
- Experience of working with, and troubleshooting, wired and wireless networks with a good understanding of TCP/IP.
- Strong Windows Server knowledge (AD, Exchange, Group Policy, DHCP, DNS, File Server).
- Virtualisation experience with Hyper-V.
- Telecoms experience, preferably but not essential 3CX
- Good networking experience across LAN, WAN & WLAN; with working knowledge of TCP/IP, DHCP, WINS, DNS, Load balancing.
- Cloud experience would be hugely desirable (Azure, AWS, GCP).
- Understanding of Backup Strategy, RTO/RPO, 3-2-1.
- Good general level of education. A-levels or equivalent, with GCSE grades A-C or equivalent in English Language and Mathematics.
- ITIL Foundation
- Customer Service Qualification
- Any relevant Microsoft Certifications
Key Skills Required
- Good awareness of the role of support services in front line delivery
- Behaves in a professional manner at all times
- Exhibits commercial awareness
- Excellent face to face communication skills
- Good telephone communication skills
- Good written communication skills
- Operates well unsupervised
- Ability to supervise other less experienced team members
- Assesses risks effectively and the implications of his/her actions/advice to Creative Networks and customer
- Prioritises tasks to achieve SLA’s
- Takes ownership willingly
- Able to remain calm under pressure
- Manages customer’s expectations effectively
- Can explain highly complex technical issues in “layman’s” terms
- Proficient fault finder and problem solver
- Flexible and adaptable to changing environments
- Some on-site maintenance is required so a full driving licence would be required
Aptitudes and Attributes
- Is proactively innovative
- Is logical in approach
- Takes a long-term view
- Is helpful, fair and demonstrates a “give and take” attitude.
- Good timekeeper
- Demonstrates mutual respect for own and other team members
- Works as part of a team
Essential Security Checks
- Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) pre-employment checks
Working At Creative Networks
Creative Networks is a growing MSP. We have recently doubled in size and are on track for continuous growth. We have a varied and interesting customer base. We’re interested in hearing from, and finding, the best talent, to join our business and to be part of our continued success.
We have a laid back and friendly, yet professional and capable approach. We have a casual dress policy to make sure people are as comfortable as possible as they go about their daily tasks.
So, if you feel like you can make a tangible difference, apply today and join us on the journey.
- We put our people first– every time and without hesitation
- Attractive salary & benefits packages– we offer attractive salary packages to attract the best people
- Training and development
- Friendly culture– casual dress policy and breakout facilities with a pool table and American Diner.
- Normal office hours Monday to Friday
- Free tea and coffee
- Free Parking and simple, easy transport links via bus, train or Metrolink.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.
- An article about us by Rochdale Development Agency 15th December 2020
- Introducing our new Spam Filter 4th December 2020
- What is Backup RTO and RPO? 27th October 2020