Finding IT solutions that can fit the individual needs of your business can be difficult. However, the introduction of Microsoft Dynamics has allowed businesses to achieve optimisiation relative to their needs and specifications.
In this blog, we will answer the question ‘Is Microsoft Dynamics a CRM or ERP?’
For any budding business, that’s just got its feet wet in their industry, or for those on the brink of breaking the bank, having your business optimised and in order is critical in maintaining and gaining momentum.
What is a CRM and ERP?
CRM stands for ‘Customer Relationship Management’. In the context of Microsoft Dynamics, a CRM is type of technology that harnesses relevant information regarding the relationship between a customer and the business using the technology.
Some of the many benefits you can achieve as a result of harnessing a CRM system are as follows…
- You gain the ability to recgonise a potential lead, depending on their success you can optimise your approach to capitalise on these leads by fine-tuning offers relevant to them.
- The potential to maximise customer service becomes an option. A CRM system can employ methods that can result in collecting customer feedback, satisfaction, and other relevant data that can pinpoint areas of improvement for your customer’s journey.
- Methods to increase sales become easier to capitalise on. CRM software can present relevant individual customer information such as their birthday. This can allow you to send personalised offers at the right time, thus increasing ROI.
- Because CRM systems can be implemented as a cloud-based platform, there are no installation or hardware requirements, reducing potential costs than if it wasn’t cloud-based.
- As a result of the information the CRM system obtains, you have the capability for your brand to be respected and trusted. As long as you use the relevant information responsibly, and keep their customer journey smooth, whilst dealing with issues efficiently, you can have a customer for life.
ERP stands for ‘Enterprise Resource Planning’. Once set up, an ERP system serves as the central database for your whole business. By doing this, you not only reduce potential costs, but also increase productivity. However, that is just the tip of the iceberg.
There are many benefits of an ERP system. Below are just some of the key benefits that an ERP can provide.
- An ERP allows for your business to obtain reporting in real time. Almost anything you want to have as a report can be obtained. Whether you want to compare KPI’s or are looking for that tiny discrepancy in any department of your business that you need to optimise, the reporting system provided by an ERP can provide it.
- With ERP systems, they can be scaled in accordance with the size and needs of the business at hand. There is no ceiling, and there is no cease in functionality if your business is struggling. Though if you need help to re-organise your ERP system for changes in your business, there are services available for this.
- On the opposite side of reporting, an ERP can also make predictions based on the data it has compiled over the years. These predictions can be used in order to plan ahead for potential sales.
A simple example of this would be, a tech retailer had experienced a high volume of sales during Cyber Monday last year, the ERP system made note of this and made predictions based on the most popular product sold, allowing for the business to make relative adjustments to their stock.
- Modern ERP systems now accommodate for the use of smartphones and as such, have apps that allow the benefits and processes of an ERP system to be done on the go, or remotely. This opens the door for your business to be managed outside of the office if there are any urgent issues preventing you from coming in.
Is Microsoft Dynamics a CRM or ERP?
Microsoft Dynamics is an ERP with CRM capabilities. At its source, it is made to optimise resource planning, but due to the intelligent tools it features, it has the capability to integrate customer relationship planning too.
The benefit of Microsoft Dynamics having this wide range of capabilities is that it can scale alongside your business. Whether your business has gone from small to medium, or less larger than it was, it can all be optimised to the current needs of your business.
CRM capabilities, if harnessed correctly can allow for data-driven insights to influence future endeavours, It can also provide performance insights regarding your customer base. These are just a few of the features available.
Do I need CRM features for Microsoft Dynamics?
As mentioned, Microsoft Dynamics can be personalised to efficiently run in accordance with the size and needs of your business. Although you don’t have to have CRM features activated, it would actually make sense to do so.
Considering that every business has customers, any opportunity to make their customer journey easier, as well as obtain valuable insights that can help to drive analytics-based growth is crucial.
In business, you grow from what you know. Simple information such as the demographics of your most frequent customer base can help drive future marketing choices. Through simple optimisation, you can obtain integral information through CRM features of Microsoft Dynamics. Speak to one of our team today to see how we can help your business grow.
How do I start using Microsoft Dynamics for my business?
The first step is to gain a clear understanding of how Microsoft Dynamics operates and then buying it. However, we understand that this can sometimes be a confusing and time-intensive process that not every business owner has the time to handle.
However, there is a solution. The team here at Creative Networks has the ability to optimise Microsoft Dynamics specifically for your business, regardless of size and needs. What this means for you, is that you only use what you need, saving the time of learning about functions that may not even be relevant to you yet.
On top of that, we do all the legwork to ensure your user profile for Microsoft Dyanmics is ready for you to use, we don’t just tell you what you have to do, we put it into motion for you.
The best thing about our service is the ability to re-optimise Microsoft Dynamics if anything changes at your business, and we are also available 24/7 to deal with any queries or issues you may have.
For more information on how our services can help you, enquire today.
Where to find Microsoft Dynamics optimisation
At Creative Networks we make it our business to make your business run smoothly. With over 15 years of experience, we help to optimise the running of your business in an ever-advancing digital age. Our expansive list of partners in the IT industry over the years is a testament to the stellar services we provide, as per our values.
In this blog, we have insightful information and answers to the question ‘Is Microsoft Dynamics a CRM or ERP?’
Whatever size your business is, and whatever size of help it needs, we have it covered, it is our goal to help you grow. You can find all of our company news here. For more about our story, follow this link. If you would like to get in touch with us, you can contact us here.
We are Creative Networks, we are IT.